"The general theory of evolution is based on several faulty assumptions," says Dr. Kent Hovind, author and creator of the Creation Seminar Video Series. One of these assumptions which is easily proven false is that the universe is billions of years old.
Remove the long time-factor from evolution and evolution becomes obviously impossible and creation becomes the only reasonable explanation for this complex and orderly universe. Below are some of the factors presented in Dr. Hovind's videos that destroy this assumption.
- Shrinking sun: The sun is losing both mass and diameter. Changing the mass would upset the fine gravitational balance that keeps the earth at just the right distance for life to survive.
- Moon Dust: The 1/2 inch layer of cosmic dust on the moon indicates the moon has not been accumulating dust for billions of years.
- Receding moon: The moon is receding a few inches each year. Billions of years ago the moon would have been so close that the tides would have been much higher, eroding away the continents.
- Ocean minerals: Dividing the amount of various minerals in the ocean by their influx rate indicates only a few thousand years of accumulation.
- Earth slowing down: The slowing spin of the earth limits its age to less than the "billions of years" called for by the theory of evolution.
- Oil pressure: The rock encasing oil deposits could not withstand the pressure for more than a few thousand years.
- Trees and coral reefs: The oldest living coral reef and the oldest living tree is less than 4300 years old.
- History: The oldest known historical records are less than 6000 years old. Many ancient cultures have stories of an original creation in the recent past and a worldwide Flood. Nearly 300 of these Flood legends are now known.
"Time is the evolutionists' god," says Hovind. "Time is able to accomplish anything the evolutionists can propose. Time can easily turn a frog into a prince. Time can create matter from nothing and life from matter. According to evolutionists, time can create order from chaos."
When time is removed from the equation, evolution just doesn't add up.